Did you know that Enterprise & Supplier Development (ESD) can elevate black-owned small businesses and add value beyond your BEE scorecard?
In a time where youth unemployment is over 65%, optimising your supply chain to partner with small black-owned businesses can facilitate growth for your business and for the economy. An effective ESD strategy:
- bolsters innovation, supply-chain diversity, and ultimately job creation
- facilitates strong relationships with key black-owned vendors
- allows companies to enter markets that were previously inaccessible to them.
ESD strategies can allow for partnering with black-owned businesses that may have insights and expertise that established companies may not be exposed to.
- access to markets previously not explored by some large companies, such as the township economy
- often, small businesses are more agile and respond to change faster than larger, more established suppliers.
Over time an effective ESD strategy ensures the integration of black-owned businesses into the supply chain, thus improving the preferential procurement scoring on the BEE scorecard in the long run.
Transcend can empower you to build collaborative ESD partnerships that are not only beneficial to your business, but to the economy as a whole.
Call us today to speak to a consultant about drafting an effective Preferential Procurement and ESD plan.