Did you know that the 3rd of December is the International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPD)? IDPD aims to promote the rights and well-being of people with disabilities (PWD) in all spheres of society.
The IDPD theme for 2021 is: Leadership and participation of persons with disabilities toward an inclusive, accessible and sustainable post-COVID-19 world.
Facilitate the Inclusion and Participation of People With Disabilities
This theme highlights the ways in which PWD have been disproportionately affected during the Covid-19 pandemic. There is an urgent need to address disability inclusion in all aspects of society including the labour market.
Over the last 10 years Transcend has helped South African corporates implement hundreds of disability learnerships. Our experience highlighted the need for a skills development solution that enhances access, and improves labour market outcomes for PWD.
We have poured our collective experience and extensive research into the design of the REALISE Programme: a high-impact life-changing Work Readiness Programme that aims to facilitate access and inclusion of PWD in the workplace by:
- Bridging the gap between education and the world of work
- Boosting confidence and other crucial life and business skills competences
- Equipping learners with a SETA accredited qualification that will boost their CV
- Enhancing employability and unlocking opportunities in the labour market
- Increasing absorption rates of unemployed learners by 80%
Do you want to make an impact and contribute to a more disability inclusive society? The REALISE programme is right for you if you would like to:
- Better equip your current and future staff living with a disability to succeed in the workplace
- Understand how to integrate these solutions into your BEE Strategy and maximise disability points on your skills development scorecard
- Be socially a responsible employer and contribute to the upskilling of young people and PWD in South Africa
Call us today and speak to a consultant to learn more about:
- The benefits of sponsoring PWD on REALISE for your scorecard
- Disability awareness training for your organisation
- How to build a Disability Inclusive culture in your organisation